MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC, PLANNING, COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY.
The key strategies for the sector include:
- Establish a strong county M&E system
- Establish and equip a county research and statistical unit;
- Develop retail/wholesale markets and renovation of existing ones to offer enough physical market infrastructures to boost trading activities in the county;
- Improve on access to affordable credit through promotion of the Joint Loans Board Scheme and Nawiri fund.
- Create a conducive trade and investment environment.
- Ensure the accuracy of all weighing and measurement instruments.
- Carry out capacity building and establish entrepreneurship training including business mentorship.