MINISTRY OF HEALTH SERVICES.
In the financial year 2014/15, the county government’s priority is to sustain the gains made in the sector. The Key priority areas of focus include:
- Renovation of county referral hospital, supply of medicine and other essential supplies.
- Construction of an Accident & Emergency Unit at Kitale District Hospital.
- Renovation of 25 health facilities (1 per ward).
- Renovation of Mt. Elgon hospital.
- Purchase of utility vehicles.
- Automation of services at Kapsara, Endebess and Saboti hospitals.
- Establishment of a solid waste disposal site and purchase of waste disposal truck and equipments in the health subsector.