MINISTRY OF HEALTH SERVICES.
Our target is to improve Medical infrastructure across the county;- consequently
- A medical Training Facility (KMTC) has been set up in Kitale and the first batch of students has already been admitted.
- A facility for the County teaching and referral hospital has been acquired and construction of the facility has started and expected to be completed next year.
- 7 staff houses in saboti sub district Hospital have been renovated.
Ensure adequate stock of Medical Supplies and Equipments; consequently-
- Six (6) ambulances were procured at a total coast of Kshs. 54 Million and distributed to health facilities at sub county level.
- Drugs, non pharmaceuticals and laboratory reagents worth 106,955,781 million were procured and a distributed to 58 health facilities in 2014.
- Established a satellite blood transfusion site at Kitale County Hospital to improve supply of blood.
- Number of individual receiving ARTs has risen from 7,517 in 2013 to 12,896 in 2014
- Number of children under five year fully immunized has risen from 19,514 in 2013 to 20,594 in 2014