MINISTRY OF HEALTH SERVICES.
The county government has proposed a number of specific sector interventions to address the issues inhibiting service delivery in the sector. The key interventions in the health sector include;
- To enhance the capacity of the health care facilities to provide quality health care service through; Construction of new facilities, equipping and rehabilitating the existing facilities and recruitment of specialised health workers and training of existing health workers.
- Increase collaboration with health research based organizations, institutions and other stakeholders
- Improve drug procurement and stock management;
- Adopt information technology in management of health services;
- Improve emergency care services and health referral system in the county
- Rehabilitate, augment and expand the existing urban sewage collection, treatment and disposal system;