MINISTRY OF LANDS, HOUSING, PHYSICAL PLANNING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT.
Our Target is to capacity build the Lands office to offer efficient services:- consequently
- Land Record Management system has been procured and installed
- Land Records office has been moved from the regional office in Eldoret to Kitale
Our Target is to Have well planned urban centres in the county :- to that effect
- Computer surveys of Sibanga, Siyoi, Gidea and Saboti markets has been completed.
- Aerial mapping for Kitale and Kiminini towns has been completed.
- Local physical development plans for Kapkoi, Kwanza, Sitatunga, Munyaka, Surungai, Chepchoina, Tuigoini, Kiungani and Sirende are complete.
Our Target is to ensure that our people have access to adequate and affordable shelter :- to that effect
- Housing inventory for former Kitale Municipal Council houses completed.
- 8 civil servants housing units have been repaired.
- Plans are underway to procure land for expansion of the major markets.
- Preparation of an Environmental Impact assessment report for degazzement of part of Suam Forest to develop border town is ongoing.