OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR AND PUBLIC SERVICE MANAGEMENT.
Our Target is to establish a highly professional and competent county public service :- to that effect
- Various positions including those of CECs, CO, legal officers, revenues officers, sub county and ward administrators have been advertised and filled. In addition, staff of devolved functions and former LA staff have been absorbed including technical staff on secondment from the national government. As at January 31st 2015 is the county had a staff establishment of 1,669 members.
- All newly recruited officers have undergone short induction course to prepare them for their new roles.
- Draft county organizational structure has been completed and is awaiting the CARPS report before adaptation.
- The government organized/financed Our officers for all cadres to attend Various capacity building courses and workshops within the county, nationally and internationally
Our Target was to modernize the county records management system
- The government has operationalised the IPPD (Integrated Personnel Payroll Data System) in management of our payroll
Our Target was to enhance disaster management and response
- The county has acquired a new fire engine to re-engineer disaster response.
- Six ambulances were acquired and distributed to sub county hospitals
Improve communications and public participation
- The Government has embraced participatory planning and budgeting on her development policies and in the budget making.
- A county website http://www.transnzoia.go.ke, and an SMS interactive platform officially launched.