MINISTRY OF WATER AND NATURAL RESOURCES.
Our target is to enhance access to portable clean water;- consequently
- The county has acquired two water drilling rigs that will enable drilling of boreholes of areas not covered with other modes of water supply.
- 20 hand dug wells and boreholes have either been rehabilitated or constructed across the county.
- Completed construction of 14 springs in various parts of the county.
- Kiminini distribution line covering a distance of 3 km has been rehabilitated.
- Ngenge dam water supply has been rehabilitated.
- Completion of the rehabilitation of the pump house for Kiminini Water Supply.
- Several gravity water schemes key among include Mt.Elgon-Kalaha-Khalwenge for which pipeline is complete, 4 water kiosks constructed, 50m3 storage tank complete and construction of sediment tank 80% complete have been initiated.
- Suam –orchard- Kapkoi gravity Scheme pipeline covering 6 km has been completed and the construction of water kiosk is ongoing.
- Suwerwa gravity scheme project which included the construction of intake and a 2 km pipeline has been completed.
- Other gravity water include Masaba,Jitahidi,Kachibora-Cherangany,Chepinyiny,Sibanga,munyaka,Toro,Biddi/Hilltop, and Kiboroa Saboti are at various levels of completion.
- Tees Connections and pipeline extension for; Kiminini, Birunda Kiungani, Endebess Community water project, Kabolet tee, Chepkoiyo tee, Amagoro Kimoson and Wamuini B all of which are at various levels of completion ( with some already in use).
- All the above water works are targeting 116,450 beneficiaries once completed.